About Google Sites
Google Sites is a website builder included in the web-based Google Docs Editors suite.
- Login to your Google Site and click Publish. If you have already published the site, click the arrow next to Publish and click Publish Settings in the drop-down menu.
- In the Custom URL settings section, click Manage to add a Custom URL.
- Enter your domain and click Verify Your Ownership. This will open up the verification page in a new tab.
- When prompted to choose a domain provider, choose Other from the drop-down menu.
- Select and copy the entire TXT record shown.
- Login to your Sav account.
- Navigate to My Domains or search for the relevant domain in the Domain Search Bar.
- Select the domain you would like to connect to your Google Site.
- In the DNS & Domain Forwarding section, click Manage DNS.
- Click Enable under Custom.
- Select TXT in the Type drop-down menu. Leave the Name blank and paste the TXT record from Google Sites into the Value field. Click Add.
- Select CNAME in the Type drop-down menu. In the Name field, enter your domain. In the Value field, enter: ghs.googlehosted.com. Click Add.
- Return to the Google verification page and click Verify. If the TXT record was set up correctly, you should receive a message that the verification was successful.
- Return to the Google Sites tab. Your Custom URL should now display a checkmark, indicating that the domain has been verified. Click Assign.
- Click Publish.
Please allow up to 48 hours for DNS changes to take effect.