Transferring a domain from another registrar to Sav allows you to consolidate all of your domains in one spot for ease of management and to take advantage of Sav's low renewal prices. All transfer-ins include a one year domain renewal at no extra cost.
In order to initiate a domain transfer to Sav from HostGator, you must make sure that your domain is unlocked and obtain an authorization code.
- Login to your HostGator Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Domain Manager tab.
- Click on the domain you want to transfer to highlight it. The right side will populate with different tabs.
- Unlock the domain on the LOCK tab.
- Turn off Privacy Protection on the PRIVACY tab if present.
- Obtain your authorization code from the TRANSFER EPP tab.